Sunday, June 1, 2008

CitiBank ATM Users. Beware!

Dear Citibank ATM Users,

On Friday, I was with my sister at Paragon CitiBank ATM trying to do a cash deposit for her friend.I was wondering around the other ATMs at that side, thinking of checking my Savings Account with one of the ATMs.

I inserted my card and took it out and found the normal menu. I started to check my account and it printed out the statement. To my astonishment, I had much more money than what I ever had. I tried other options and found that I was in fact NOT ACCESSING my Bank Account but of Someone else!

I was able to take out cash, transfer to other accounts or other options. I was given full access to this person, who have carelessly forgotten to push the exit button before! I immediately exited this account and took the statements I printed out my mistake to the Paragon Conceirge and inform the bank staff on duty.

Do note that if I were to take out cash or transfer all the savings of this person to my account, the person would never know until he sees his next statement or do his next transaction as it will be a legitamate transaction as he DID NOT exit after his session.

To all CitiBank ATM Users, beware and remember to exit after you have finished your session, or your hard earned money will not be there the next time you sign in!

No comments: