Problem Scenario
A client called me the other day and started to panic as he was not able to see his website on his Mac. I thought, well another mac user... anyway, it was a big deal as the entire website was unable to load! only the background can be seen. I immediately turned on my PC and went to the site... strangely, I could see the site and told him so... and he was not really willing to accept my reasoning. So in between his sentences, i launched firefox to see the website, and to my horror, there really isn't anything there?! I quickly told him that I will look into it, put down the phone and tested the files in the local PC....
Yup, IE can see every word fine... nothing wrong with the site... but nothing can be seen on firefox. So first I tried to save all the files again and check if it is ANSI types... instead of Unicode... since my text.css is ANSI... then i launch, still nothing.. hmmm strange... this went on for another hour...
Solution Scenario
I went to the text.css file and looked through the codings.. then i noticed that under td, it was color: "#ffffff", with the "" .... I felt that it was strange and removed all the "", then everything could be seen, even in firefox... interesting...:)
Anyway, I went to my guru, who told me that IE could oversee any minor mistakes in coding but other browsers would go strictly by the book... so well, which one is the clever browser now?? At least, I think for developers, Firefox should be used...:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment